Friday, August 9, 2013

Crib Bed Spring Redo

    When I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, we began to transition my son into his "big boy room".  By doing that, I had spare parts of his baby crib lying around.  One piece in particular was the bed spring. 
I wanted to use it as a display piece of sorts but it was too "perfect" for me!  
 
I brought the shiny white piece outside and began to *age* it. 
 



 
I sprayed it with a coat of Krylon Fusion spray paint in
Hammered Copper to cover the white base color. 


Once that dried, I sprayed it with Rust-oleum in Autumn Brown to
give it a rusted texture.  It was not perfect!  Some of the
original silver of the springs showed through and I liked the look so...I left it!
 

It looked nice but *NICE* was not the look I was going for. 
I wanted it to appear old, aged and loved on...like it had been
around for years and had many stories to tell.  So, I took
out my trusty ASCP in Old White & Duck Egg and applied it
 with a sea sponge.  There was no rhyme or reason to the
 application of this part. 
 
(Sorry I didn't take pics of this part.  Sometimes I get so zoned into what I'm creating that I forget to snap pics....I'll try to do better!) 



I layered the paint until I got it just right. 
I think it looks pretty good if I do say so myself!
 

 Here it is on the wall in all of it's glory.  It is the perfect place to hang
all of the cards, invitations, and craft projects that, otherwise, would
take over my poor refrigerator.

                                           
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment