Thursday, September 5, 2013

French Provincial End Table Makeover

 
I picked up this french provincial end table last week.  It was in great shape and I loved everything about it....except the color. 
 
 
 
 
Please excuse my trusty green table drop cloth.  You will most likely notice that it appears in all of my furniture painting posts.


I usually use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint on my furniture makeovers but I had some CeCe Caldwell Chalk & Clay paint sample pots so I thought I'd give them a whirl.  I chose Dover White to for the base coat.  As you can see in the picture, the first coat went on a little thin.  Although, I did notice that once it dried, it appeared to cover well.


I applied 2 coats of Dover White.  I mixed up a wash with Pittsburgh Gray and I think it turned out quite pretty......


But it was too light for my taste.  In attempts to darken it up a bit, I applied a coat of clear and dark wax to the body and this is what I got. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment