Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Dreaded To-Do List

Do you like to-do lists? 

I, for one, have always loved to-do lists.  Creating the list, adding bullets, organizing it until it was just perfect and, not to mention, the ultimate satisfaction of marking things off made me oh so happy

Somehow, within the happenings of LIFE, my to-do list making skills began to lack.  I mean lack so much so that they became nonexistent!! I have somehow convinced myself that I did not need a to-do list.  After all, I do not have the time sit down and write out a list of things that I need to do.  And then this bright idea kicked in....*Just keep a mental list of what you need to do and where you & each family member need to be at any given point*. 
Well, I'm sure you can guess how that has worked out!!!  My mind was not able to shut off and I never completed or remembered all that I needed to.

With all of the changes going on around here, I have decided that my way of thinking and accomplishing tasks needed to change too.  So, I am using my blog to keep myself accountable!

I have taken some time to sit down with a notebook.  I divided up several pages and labeled each section with a room or space in my house. I took a visual tour of each area and jotted down every little thing that I could think of doing for that specific area.  Even if it was something that I "wished" we could do to the space, it went into the notebook.  This has allowed me to empty my mind and really focus on one thing at a time.

With all of that being said, I have chosen a few things that I would like to accomplish for the month of September.



Now this is NOT a list of items that must be completed by September 30th or else!  It is simply a guideline for me to follow.  If something comes up that needs my attention and it is not on the list, it is perfectly fine to complete that task. (See... I am convincing myself as I type.  This is going to be a win-win situation for me and my slight OCD.)  I have a feeling that this list will require changes and tweaking as I go. 

Alright, who's in with me? 
Do you have things on your to-do list that you need to complete too? 
Let's make September a month to remember!

I'm off to organize something......

1 comments:

Yury Makedonov said...

Hi Amanda,

How do you manage your paper based To-do list?
Where do you keep your notebook and how often do you update your list?

What was the reason for using plain old notebook for your To-do list?
Have you thought about using software for this purpose?

Good luck,
Yury

Post a Comment